UPCOMING VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Link Up: The Orchestra Sings
Number of Volunteers needed: 10 per concert
- Link Up Concert #1: May 3, 9 am-1:45 pm
- Link Up Concert #2: May 4, 9 am-1:45 pm
- Link Up Concert #3: May 5, 9 am-1:45 pm
- Link Up Concert #4: May 11, 8:30 am-12:30 pm
- Link Up Concert #5: May 18, 9 am-1 pm
- Link Up Concert #6: May 19, 9 am-1 pm
Not available for all of the concert dates? Not a problem! We’d still love to have your help.
Locations available upon request.
- Bus monitors: help teachers and students with wayfinding as they arrive at the venues
- Act as an usher inside the venue: assist teachers and students find where they are sitting within the hall
- Evaluation during the concert: fill out observational evaluation forms on student participation and engagement with the show
- Act as a welcoming and friendly face and TSO representative
Tulsa Symphony is excited to present their 7th season of Carnegie Hall Link Up! This year’s program, entitled “The Orchestra Sings,” focuses on the powerful moment when the orchestra starts to sing! Tulsa Symphony looks forward to collaborating with the 20,000 students and teachers locally who are a part of this world-renowned, highly-engaging program.
Melody is one of the universal elements of music. Composers and musicians create melodies, which can be sung or played on instruments. The orchestra sings when its musicians play melodies on their instruments. Students perform repertoire on recorder, violin, voice, or body percussion and take part in creative work such as composing their own pieces inspired by the orchestral music they have studied. This performance often serves as students’ first concert experience and provides them with the opportunity to apply the musical concepts they have studied.
Not available for these events, but want to be in the loop about future opportunities to volunteer for the Tulsa Symphony Orchestra? Click below or email email@example.com to sign up for our volunteer list!
Walt Disney Animation Studios, “A Decade in Concert”
Number of Volunteers needed: 40
- Concert: Friday, September 9, 4-10 pm*, ONEOK Field
- Rain Date: Saturday, September 10*, ONEOK Field
*Volunteers will be assigned to shifts based on their availability during this time period. If you are available during a slightly different time frame, let us know!
- Assist with table set up/tear down for education and enrichment activities
- Assist with VIP patron check-in
- Direct VIP patrons to suites and seating locations
- Distribute TSO brochures and promotional materials as patrons exit the concert
- Act as a welcoming/friendly face and TSO representative
Volunteers will receive free entrance to Walt Disney Animation Studios, “A Decade in Concert,” a special edition TSO t-shirt, and a boxed dinner.
The Tulsa Symphony Orchestra will take to the outfield at ONEOK Field once again to stage a spectacular evening of music set to Walt Disney Animation Studios, “A Decade in Concert.” Celebrating iconic musical moments from favorite films released over the last decade, this melodic journey explores Disney Animation’s latest stories through unforgettable film clips and scores performed live by your Tulsa Symphony Orchestra.
The stadium will once again transform into an open-air concert hall, featuring your Tulsa Symphony Orchestra. This evening will culminate with a spectacular fireworks display over the Tulsa skyline.