Tulsa Symphony has opportunities for Symphony Volunteers to participate year round according to their schedules and availability from single-event participation to full engagement in many different support activities and assignments. TSO is committed to a volunteer experience that is interesting, rewarding and enjoyable.
Get to know the musicians, staff and the entire TSO family through volunteering.
History an interest?
- The Tulsa Symphony’s ten year history as an innovative musician-led orchestra provides an opportunity to help capture, organize and preserve our history and unique story. Additionally, TSO has many documents and memorabilia from the Tulsa Philharmonic Orchestra ready to be organized.
Enjoy marketing and spreading the word about this wonderful orchestra?
- Assist with promoting upcoming performance by distributing posters to local business, schools and other sites.
- Assist at the information table and as greeters in the main lobby, the Westby Pavilion and La Fortune Room for all PAC performances.
- Proofread any and everything from concert program notes, to copy in Symphony brochures and mailings.
- Address and personalize invitations, announcements, appeals and assist with phone calls to donors reminding of subscription renewals, assist with numerous large mailings.
- Join Board members in hosting the two annual musician luncheons for the opening and closing of the season at a local restaurant.
- Organize annual event for volunteers, social activities, and fundraising events, solicit silent auction items.
- Assist with outgoing subscription renewal call campaigns.
- Assist with orchestra auditions and welcoming auditioning musicians from around the country.
- Welcome and house a visiting musician in your home during performance week.
- Provide transportation for visiting artists, conductors and musicians to and from the airport and to events (conductor interview, education workshops) during their stay.
- Assist in-office Customer Service including greeting visitors and staff, answering phones and assisting with general office duties.
- Assist Education Director and his team visiting area classrooms to discuss and deepen the concert experience of experience for students and teachers.
- Assist with the exciting Any Given Child Tulsa Public Schools program.
- Assist with educational programs for students and families.
- Assist with summer camps and education clinics during the regular season.
Email us at Volunteer@tulsasymphony.org