TSO will hold a violin audition on June 15th for the following positions:
1st Violin: 4a, 5a, 6a
2nd Violin: 7b
Candidates should be prepared to play any excerpt on the list, both 1st and 2nd violin repertoire.
Upon receipt of a one-page résumé and refundable $50 deposit no later than June 5th, candidates will be assigned an audition time.
Candidates cancelling after June 5th will forfeit their deposit.
Should a current Tulsa Symphony musician play through the final round and advance to a trial performance with the orchestra, the next qualified candidate may be offered the vacated seat.
Send materials to:
117 North Boston Ave Suite 201
Tulsa, OK 74103
Audition Repertoire Lists
Exposition of the 1st Movement of a Mozart Concerto
First Violin Excerpts
Brahms: 4th Symphony No. 4
- 1st Movement, measure 392 to end
Mozart: Symphony No. 39
- 2nd Movement, beginning to measure 27
- 4th Movement, beginning through downbeat of measure 41
Schumann: Symphony No. 2
- Scherzo, beginning to Trio 1
Straus: Don Juan
- First page
Second Violin Excerpts
Bartok: Concerto for Orchestra
- 5th Movement-Finale, measure 265 through measure 317
*excerpt available upon request
Brahms: Piano Concerto No. 1
- 3rd Movement-Rondo, measure 238 through measure 274
Mozart: Symphony No. 41 “Jupiter”
- 4th Movement, beginning through measure 35