Tulsa Symphony Gift Acceptance Policy effective October 22, 2015
- Tulsa Symphony Orchestra, Inc. solicits and accepts gifts that are consistent with its mission and that support its core programs, as well as special projects.
- Tulsa Symphony Orchestra urges all prospective donors to seek the assistance of personal legal and financial advisors in matters relating to their gifts, including the resulting tax and estate planning consequences.
- Donations and other forms of support will generally be accepted from individuals, partnerships, corporations, foundations, government agencies, or other entities.
- All designated special project gifts accepted will be used per the requested designation.
- The following policies and guidelines govern acceptance of gifts made to Tulsa Symphony for the benefit of any of its operations, programs or services.
Use of Legal Counsel-Tulsa Symphony will seek the advice of legal counsel in matters relating to acceptance of gifts when appropriate. Review by counsel is recommended for:
- Gifts of securities that are subject to restrictions or buy-sell agreements.
- Documents naming Tulsa Symphony as trustee or requiring Tulsa Symphony to act in any fiduciary capacity.
- Gifts requiring Tulsa Symphony to assume financial or other obligations.
- Transactions with potential conflicts of interest.
- Gifts of property which may be subject to environmental or other regulatory restrictions.
- Gifts of Real Property, Personal Property or Securities may only be accepted upon approvalof the Tulsa Symphony Finance Committee.